International Symposium on Cultural and Communication Semiotics
The Second Call for Papers
There are twelve Round Tables on various topics in different fields of semiotic and media studies. Please contact the secretary of the RT you would like to choose, or send your proposal/abstract to accs_china [at] 163.com, if you are not sure which RT to participate.
- Chinese Semiotic Heritage（Contact: Prof. Zhu Dong hudong19820 [at] 163.com）
- Semiotics of Visual Design（Contact: Prof. Hu Yirong yu813878 [at] guet.edu.cn）
- New Media and Semiotics （Contact: Prof. Zhang Fang salarycheung [at] 163.com）
- Semiotics of Journalism & Communication （Contact: Prof. Li Wei liweiscu [at] 163.com）
- Semiotics of Cinema & TV Studies（Contact: Dr. Liu Ligang llgtianshui [at] 163.com）
- Cognitive Semiotics（Contact: Dr. Xue Chen xuechen_1988 [at] 163.com）
- Semiotics of Games & Entertainment （Contact: Dr. Zong Zhengzhongzheng [at] 163.com）
- Semiotics of Advertising & Brand（Contact: Prof. Rao Guangxiang raoguangxiang [at] 163.com）
- Ecosemiotics & Ethnosemiotics（Contact: Prof. Peng Jia pj8024 [at] 163.com）
- Semiotics of Art（Contact: Prof. Lu Zhenglan zhenglanlu69 [at] 163.com）
- Semiotic Narratology（Contact: Prof. Tan Guanghui sctgh [at] 163.com）
- Saussurean & Peircean Semiotics’ Impact on Communication Studies（Contact: Dr. Zhao Xingzhi snnjkk [at] 163.com）
You are encouraged to organize your own Round Table， as long as its topic is related to semiotics or media studies, and you could gather at least 15 registered participants. Please contact accs_china [at] 163.com for this.
The registration fee is 100 Euros. Students (including PHD students) qualify for a lower fee of 50 Euros.
Registration fee includes: access to all Round Tables, congress materials, 3 dinners (July 3, 4, 5) and 2 lunches (July 4, 5).
Accommodation costs are not included in the conference registration fee. Attendees could make their own lodge arrangements, or book rooms from Hongwa Hotel, which is recommended by the organizing team. Hongwa Hotel campus and offer preferential rates for double rooms at 288 RMB per day.
If you would like to book rooms from the hotels recommended by the organizing team, please contact accs_china [at] 163.com, and to make remittance, together with your registration fee, to the following account:
CHINA CONSTRUCTION BANK CORP,SICHUANBRANCH
Bank Address: 19/F,CCB SICHUAN BLDG, NO.86 TIDU ST CHENGDU,SICHUAN CHINA)
Please note that the reservation and registration fee are NOT refundable if you cancel your trip.
All the papers presented on the symposium will be peer-reviewed but not necessarily accepted and published. The selected papers will be published in special issues/columns of Signs & Media, Cultural Studies and Literary Theory, and other academic journals.