150 Years of Pragmatism
The conference aims to advance understanding of the history of American pragmatism and its relevance to contemporary debates in philosophy, social sciences and humanities.
Questions to be discussed:
- classical pragmatism and its critics
- development of pragmatism in the 20th century
- neopragmatism and its influence on modern philosophy
- pragmatism in epistemology and theories of truth
- philosophy of mind and pragmatism
- pragmatism and philosophy of science
- the implications of pragmatist thought for education and ethics
- pragmatism in sociology, psychology, social theory
- pragmatism and philosophy of religion
30 minutes (including discussion) will be allotted for each individual paper presentation. Please submit your paper proposal via email 150yearsofpragmatism [at] gmail.com. Submissions deadline is at midnight on 15 June 2018. Results of the call are expected to be announced by 15 September 2018.
Attendance is free. The conference does not provide funds to cover participants’ expenses.
All conference contributions are planned to be published in an anthology, or a special issue of a peer-reviewed journal.